Sunday, January 2, 2011

Chapter 2

December was never too fond of bio. She hadn’t been paying attention at all, her mind kept drifting back to Camersons magnificent face. She wanted nothing more than to take her seat next to him in art. He was like her own personal drug. Without it she felt that she would depart this life of hers.
Soon after she took her seat next to Camerson he was already sparking up conversation. “Was Mr.Blig aggravated today?” December looked puzzled, she hadn’t been paying much attention but Mr.Blig did kind of seem upset. “Actually he was, why do you ask?” Camerson chuckled “Well, lets just say I let frogs out he was wanting everyone to dissect, last night before I left school.” He is a pure rebel, an insanely gorgeous rebel. That was all December could think. She was so stoked that he had done this. She couldn’t even picture dissecting a poor innocent frog. Plus they grossed her out.
“Why did you do it?” December gave her million dollar smile as she asked curiously. “Well I feel like its animal cruelty. Why should we kill something that has done no harm to us?” Although they were talking about gross slimy frogs, December felt she could talk about them all day as long as she was talking with Camerson.
“..but enough about frogs, what are you doing after school today?” Camerson took Decembers breath away when he said this. Was he asking her out? December stammered “umm, well actually I have nothing to do after school.” Camersons face lit up with pure animation. “Well I was umm, wondering if you’d like to hang out. I mean we could go to Misty Creek and since you like photography, you could take pictures.” December flushed red. How does he remember such little details about her was all she could think before her mind was telling her ‘WHAT ARE YOU DOING STUPID!, SAY YOU’D LOVE TO GO!!!!’. December simply said “I’d love to.”
“Great, would you like me to pick you up, or do you want to drive separ-” she had cut him off “YEAH, I mean, yeah that would be cool you could pick me up” December was amazed at how stupid she had sounded.
“It’s a date.” December looked down at her paper. He said it was a date, a true date! Decembers’ mind was going crazy. She had to focus on her paper now, she picked up her pencil and began to draw. Camerson giggled. He loved the little look she gave when she was trying to concentrate. Her little tongue was touching her top lip and her head was turned slightly. Camerson thought she was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. “what are you giggling about” December looked up from her paper into his emerald eyes. Camerson said with a smile “nothing, you’re just so cute when you work.” December felt like all the blood in her body was heading for her checks. She simply just bit her lip and started working again.
After school December was driving home. Hazel had put in an Ellie Goulding cd and they were singing in sync with her. “Why don’t you be the artist, I’ll make me out of clay. Why don’t you be the writer, and decide the words I say. Cause I rather pretend also be there in the end.” Hazel had a voice of a goddess when it came to singing. December thought of herself as a bad singer but everyone refused to agree with her. “so, what are you doing after school today Hazel?” Hazel was looking out the window. “Oh you know the usual, trying to convince my mom of something I can do with MY life, gosh she is so predictable, and dictating! Ughh!” Hazel and her mom didn’t really argue, but Hazel’s mother wished her daughter was “normal” what was normal anyway? December’s mind was trying to ponder up what it really was, because it sure wasn’t herself. “What are you doing to day after school Ms. Forkley?” December was almost shy to say this “ Actually, Camerson is picking me up once I get home. We are going to the Misty Creek, you know, the only creek in town by the woods.” December paused and thought about this. It was almost as if she were afraid. She had no reason as to why, but she was. Not of Camerson but the woods. Her dream had been in the woods. December shook herself, it was just a dream.
“OH MY GOSH! HE ASKED YOU OUT!” Hazel had a smile that reached her eyes. She had said from the very beginning that Camerson and December would be amazing together, they had practically been a couple ever since he had came here. “Well, I think so I mean he said, ’it’s a date’, so possibly.” December was blushing again but she couldn’t help it. She always blushed when they were talking about Camerson. December pulled in Hazel’s drive way. “Well my fair lady, I hope you have a marvelous date.”
Before December could say anything she was out of the car and walking into her house. December backed out of the driveway and turned her radio up. Now the cd player was playing starry eyed. December loved Ellie Goulding’s music, and just about any other music.Music was Decembers’ escape from reality. It wasn’t long before she pulled into her own driveway. She hopped out of the car and ran to go up the stairs just as she was caught by her mother. “Where are you off to in such a hurry young lady?” Oh crap was all December thought, all she needed was to be explaining that she was going on a date with Camerson. “umm well actually I am going upstairs to put my books and stuff away so I can get ready to go with Camerson.” Mrs.Forkley looked as if she were afraid to answer to her daughters question without her father’s guidance. Decembers mom and dad had gotten a divorce about two years ago and now her father was somewhere in Nevada with his two replacement kids. She rarely talked to him. “Uh-huh. And where exactly are you going with this Camerson?” December thought ‘Oh here we go!’. “We are actually going to misty creek, I am going to go take pictures of the landscape and stuff.” Mrs.Forkley just looked at her daughter. “alright, but be back before ten thirty, it’s a school night.” December thrilled. “Thanks mom.” and she ran up the stairs to get ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment